Monday, August 20, 2012

A Morrissey Kind of Day

If you follow me on Twitter you know that yesterday the girlfriend of a Manchester City fan was checking me out. I don't know for a fact that they were boyfriend/girlfriend but they were together. It may have been early in the relationship. It could even be their first date. I didn't bother to find out. I don't go after other people's girlfriends. Or boyfriends for that matter. I also don't cheat. Partly because it's bad karma, but  mostly because it's wrong.

Then there was the girl that I sort of liked. I say that because I don't know anything about her. Well, I do know one thing about her but I refuse to say what it is in case she is reading this. Yeah right! I don't even read this.

That is a recurring theme in my life--the one I want versus the one that wants me. It's a quandary. My problem is that I am a bit like Groucho Marx. He had no desire to join any club that would have him as a member. I have little desire for someone who desires me.

I attract crazy. Crazy is my demographic. Without crazy I would go crazy. I have always believed that it if you date a crazy person then you are crazier than the crazy person. Crazy, huh?

It's not that I liked her in that way --it's just that liked her. Period. Full stop. You know, in a friendly sort of way. I'm usually good about getting into the "friend zone." It's like the Mafia--once you're in you never get out. Then there is the Columbia Record and Tape Club but that's another story.

The thing is that she was giving me nothing. Zip, zilch, nada. To put it terms that we Arsenal supporters will understand--nil.

Maybe she didn't like my Queen T-shirt. Maybe she thought that I was a queen. Wouldn't be the first time someone thought that.

No comments:

Post a Comment