Sunday, March 17, 2013

There's Nothing Worse Than A Fat Narcissist

That's a quote from Soldier in the Rain starring Steve McQueen and Jackie Gleason. No points for guessing which one delivered the line. I only saw it once a long time ago on TCM. It's kind of odd but worth seeing if you get the chance. Another memorable quote was about an island populated by women whose breasts point up. Who wouldn't enjoy that?

I do know, in a way, what he was talking about. The narcissism bit, not the island. I used to be a fat narcissist. Now I'm a lot less of both.

It's kind of weird that narcissism and self-hatred go hand in hand. I've never really thought about it. I was too busy contemplating my navel.

It got so bad that the kind of woman I was attracted to was basically me in drag. Except for the fat part. I wasn't that narcissistic. I guess the fact that no one could love me so I wanted to love someone that sort of looked like me so in turn I could love myself. Yeah. it's kind of convoluted but I'm glad that I'm over myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment