Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Mixed Emotions

Remember about twenty years or so ago when hiking boots were all the rage?  If not ask your parents. Unless you are from Arkansas then ask your grandparents.

Anyway, I was wearing mine one day when I went to the bank. Standing there at the counter where they keep the deposit slips and stuff was a woman. She was very tall, maybe even taller than me, but I'm only 5'10".

She too was wearing hiking boots. I think hers were proper hiking boots. Mine were Nike. I'm just funny that way.

As I walked over to the counter I noticed that she was checking me out. No, I didn't believe it either. The second time she did it she smiled at me.

She then proceeds to the teller. I quickly finish and go to another one. As I walked over I was checking her out and she caught me and she smiled again.

As she was leaving she walked over and said something like, "See ya later." Then I said something intelligent like, "Yeah."

Then she walked out the door opposite to the one that I came in. As I stood there wishing that what she said was true I saw her get into her car. I can't remember what kind it was, maybe a Subaru.

That's when I saw someone in the shotgun seat. A man. The woman gives him the same smile that she gave me. My heart sank. I don't know why. We only "shared a moment."

As she backed out of the parking space I noticed something strapped to the passenger side door. It was a wheelchair.

No comments:

Post a Comment