Monday, June 11, 2012

Mad Men "The Phantom"

Or "Diamonds are forever, pools are permanent."

Don had a toothache. I'm sure that it's a metaphor for something but I missed film theory that day.

Pete had an awkward train ride. Being wistful doesn't suit him.

Don's visions of Adam weren't the only echoes of season one.

"Sexy for pocket change." I think I know her. "Two for one, twice the fun." Sounds like Roger and the twins. That sounds kind of dirty.

I didn't know that Trudy has a sister named Judy. Of course she does. She comes from that kind of family.

"One hundred and twenty-five words and fifteen of them have to be Ajax." I think I had that assignment in high school. "You're a woman and you smoke. What do you want?" Worst. Pickup line. Ever.

I loved it when Pete bailed out of the meeting and told Don that he could have his proxy. What was even better was Don's response, "We can do that?" If he had only knew that a few months ago. That pretty much sums up their relationship.

Beth is having shock treatment. Can't blame her really. After having an affair with Pete it's a wonder that she isn't in Belvue. Or Arkham. And then she forgot.

So, every time that Beth has an affair Howard just retcons her mind-brain? I wonder how many times this has happened. I can give him the number a Haitian guy. He makes house calls.

"Why does everybody want redheads?" If you have to ask.

Which was funnier; Roger trying to do a French accent of Marie telling him to lower his expectations? I can believe that Roger actually wants to drop acid again. It didn't exactly work out for him the last time financially. Maybe he should go after the widow Pryce. She just came into a bit of cash.

Lane really didn't think the suicide thing through at all. You are supposed to get rid of the incriminating evidence. That's the first rule.

We thought that Sally had a complicated relationship with her mother but at least Betty isn't a pseudo intellectual like Marie. People like Megan's parents get on my nerves. When Marie said that Megan had an artistic temperament but wasn't an artist I thought that she was talking about me for a minute there. And that bit about being nicer to strangers. We've all known people like that.

Is Megan becoming Betty 2.0 even more than we thought?

"Breathe through your nose." I bet Don has said that more than once.

Don and Peggy together again. I miss them. I guess now he is seeing her more as an equal. Peggy is right about Richmond.

Pete really had to quit fighting. At this point I think it would be healthier to take up smoking. However, Trudy did cave on the apartment. A bit too late for Beth but you never know who else is out there.

When Don was watching Megan's reel did anyone else think about "The Wheel"?

"You Only Live Twice" For a minute there I thought it was "Millennium." Not really, but the lyrics work just as well.

So, Megan got the part in the Butler Shoes ad but she kind of sort of had to screw over Emily to do it. That's not good, right? Everybody lies.

Peggy looks out the window and sees two dogs procreating. I'm sure it's another metaphor and I never metaphor I didn't like. I thought about the old joke and if you don't know it that's okay because you're not missing anything.

Charlie Hunnam's ass. That's all I'm saying.

And then it ends with Don in a bar and a girl telling him, "My friend over there wants to know, are you alone?" Wow. That's a loaded question.

So, what happens next? I hope we don't have to wait another seventeen months to find out.

Oh, by the way, Greg is still alive.




No comments:

Post a Comment