Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Asylum of the Daleks

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.


I guess that I wasn't the only one that was surprised by the appearance of Jenna-Louise Coleman in this episode. I'm glad that at least one show has the ability to surprise. However I do not spend a lot of time on spoiler sites.

I also did not know that people could be turned into Daleks. I thought that was more of a Cyberman thing. I guess that "Asylum of the Cybermen" wouldn't have been quite so cool. Yes, I do know what the Daleks did in "Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks" but I have been trying to forget ever since.

British blogger www.timegirlkatie.com pointed out that there were a number of "Americanisms" in the episode. Being American I didn't really notice. I did notice in "The Impossible Astronaut" that Rory said "gasoline" instead of "petrol" but I thought that there were two versions; one for the UK and one for North America. As usual I was wrong.

One thing that we are not sure of at the moment is whether or not Oswin is the character that Jenna-Louise Coleman will be playing when we see her next. She could be playing an ancestor or who knows? I have no idea what goes on in Steven Moffat's head.

If it is Oswin then this could be going the way of River Song in that we know the end of her story before we know the beginning. If she is an ancestor then the Doctor must keep her safe so that at some point Oswin will be born. It's far too timey wimey.

No comments:

Post a Comment