Monday, May 21, 2012

Mad Men "Christmas Waltz"

Or "Lane Pryce: Master Forger" A Quinn Martin Production.

Lane is in a spot of bother. He owes $8,000 to Inland Revenue and had to stroke a check to get out of debt. Too bad he had to forge Don's name. I thought it rather odd that everyone wanted to wait to hand out the bonuses. Who doesn't want money? As it turns out it was a good idea since Mohawk went on strike. Now Lane is really screwed. I guess next week he'll confess to Joan.

That was nice of Don to get Joan out the office after she had been served divorce papers. I really liked seeing the two of them together but not as a couple. They never would've worked out anyway. They would be far too combustible. It would be great while it lasted. We've all been there.

The cat is back. Sort of. It seems Jaguar is back in play. Poor Edwin. Don looked a bit like 007 behind the wheel of the E type. "They're lemons. They never start." That's so Bert.

Pete's pissed off and can't get no satisfaction. Nothing new there.

Don was a bit too harsh to Megan. "Nobody's made a stronger statement against advertising than you." Ouch. Then when Don came home drunk I had flashbacks to The Odd Couple, American Beauty, 1941, and my childhood, except that my mother never threw food against the wall. Sometimes I wish she had. But only if it was green beans.

So Paul Kinsey has hooked up with the Hare Krishnas. I didn't see that one coming. I really should have, all the signs were there. Then he wrote a spec script for Star Trek. I swear that "The Negron Complex" was an actual episode. I shouldn't say that, I actually like Star Trek. I hope I didn't upset all the Star Wars  fans out there. How about this? "The Negron Complex" was the worst idea since Greedo shot first. Okay, I guess technically it's before but you get the point.

When Harry met Lakshmi; admit it, you've been waiting on that one. "I did this for the movement." No wonder she wanted it from behind. I didn't just go there did I? Now you know why I don't tweet during the episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment