Tuesday, May 1, 2012

England National Team

Congratulations to Roy Hodgson on becoming the new England manager. You'll have to win every match and every tournament. Shouldn't be too hard. After all, England expects.

Everyone has been going on all day about how the FA should've hired Harry Redknapp. I agree. Then again I am an Arsenal supporter and I would like to see them be able to beat Spurs at least twice a season again.

I said the same thing a few years ago when then Bolton manager Sam Allardyce was the one the fans wanted. Then again what do I know, I'm a stupid American?

Noted football expert Dominic Monaghan told TMZ that America was about twenty years behind England as a footballing nation. Maybe, but at least we have our goalkeeping situation worked out. As I said to the England fans at Fado Irish Pub assembled to watch the World Cup 2010 match between USA and England, "Tim Howard may have Tourette's, but what's Robert Green's excuse?" This was in response to the constant chants of, "He's only got Tourette's!" In South Africa the English were singing, "You're not swimming anymore!" This lovely little ditty was in reference to the BP oil spill. Stay classy England.

Don't get me wrong, I actually do like England and the football team. I often support them when they aren't playing against the USA. Or Scotland. I like to joke as much as the next yobbo. Every country, and club for that matter has there share of crazy fans. That's fine. I know I am just as bad if not worse when Arsenal is winning and the way things are going England will win a trophy long before Arsenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment